Sunday, May 19, 2019

ENGLISH PARAGRAPHS FOR O L



NOTE FROM BLOGGER:
Sajendra Kumara - 0777597875
English paragraph writing comes in the form of the 8th question on the first paper with 5 marks ( 2 for content and 3 for language). The candidate is required to build up the paragraph using around 50-60 words. Basically the candidate is tested on the use of The Simple Present tense, The Simple Past tense and The Simple Future Tense. 

1.                                      The person I admire most 


The person I admire most is my grandfather. He is my maternal grandfather. He is a retired teacher. He is the proud father of five children. His wife, my grandmother , passed away three years ago. My grandfather is tall and thin. He is a very pleasant gentleman. He helps me in my school homework. I admire  my grandfather most because he is a  kindhearted gentleman

Sajendra Kumara
2.                              A famous person I admire most


There are many famous people I like most. Among them I admire Mahatma Gandhi most. He was born in India. He is regarded as the father of free India. He was a lawyer and later joined the Indian freedom struggle. However, he did not encourage Indians to take up arms against the white government. His struggles were non-violent. I admire him most because he himself practiced what he told his countrymen

3.                  A famous tourist destination in Sri Lanka. 

There are many tourist destinations in Sri Lanka. Among them Nuwara Eliya is the most famous tourist destination. It is situated in the central hill. The cold climate, mountains , waterfalls and tea estates make Nuwara Eliya a special place for the visitor. Flowers add beauty to Nuwara Eliya. There is always thick mist in the area. Haggala flower garden, the Lake Gregory and the Horton Plains are some of the attractive places in Nuwara Eliya. It is a place that every Sri Lankan should visit at least once in life time. 

4.                                                  The value of time
Time is a free force. Time does not wait for anyone. Time and age go hand in hand. So time is very valuable for everyone.  Therefore we must try to make best use of our time. Lost time cannot be recovered. It is worse than lost money. Specially as students we must understand the value of time. As they say 'Time is golden'. 
                                    Sajendra Kumara
                                    0777597875
5.                      How I spend my leisure
I usually read books in my leisure time. I like to read English story books most. I sometimes go to the library with my brother. I also help my parents. I help my father clean the garden. I help my mother in the kitchen. I sometimes go out to play with my friends in my leisure. I always try to use my leisure time in a useful way.

6.                   My favourite leisure time activity
My favourite leisure time activity is gardening. I have a beautiful garden. It has many plants and trees. I mow the grass once a month. I prune the trees in my garden. I water the plants every evening. I have a small vegetable plot, too. My parents also help me when I work in the garden. I feel very happy when I see the flowerbeds full of colourful flowers. I like gardening because it is a very interesting activity. 

7.                 A place of interest 
There are many places of interest in Sri Lanka. Among them Sigiriya is the place I like most. It is a world heritage site in Sri Lanka. Sigiriya was the rock citadel of King Kashyapa. There is a moat around the rock fortress. The royal park is complete the with spouts and ponds. The mirror wall and the wall paintings add beauty to Sigiriya. I like Sigiriya because it is situated in  a very attractive place. 

8.                 My favourite pastime
My favourite pastime is reading books. It is one of the most popular pastimes among people. I read all kinds of books. I like to read English story books most. Reading is a useful pastime. It improves our knowledge. I sometimes go to the library with my brother and read books. I usually read in the evening. I enjoy reading as a pastime because it makes me a full man.

9.              If  I became the class monitor
If I became the class monitor I would do my duties very well. Then I would go to school early in the morning. I would help all my friends. I would do all the classroom duties to the letter. I would look after the class in the absence of teachers very well. I would not use my position to hurt other students.

10.                 If I were a bird
If I were a bird I would fly around the country. I would fly over the mountains , forests and villages. I would enjoy the sweetest fruits in the world. Then I would make a beautiful nest on a tall tree. I would sing sweet songs to little children. If I were a bird , I would like to be a parrot. I would enjoy my life as a bird. 

11.                     Water pollution
Water pollution is a big threat for  all the living beings. Human activity is the main cause of water pollution.  Industrial waste , chemicals used in agriculture , dumping garbage into water ways etc are some ways of water pollution. Polluted water makes people ill. It is the cause for the  extinction of many species of animals and plants. Man must be concerned about water pollution for his survival. 

12.             A holiday resort in Sri Lanka
There are many holiday resorts in Sri Lanka. Nuwara Eliya is one among them. Nuwara Eliya is also known as 'Little England'. There is a cold climate in Nuwara Eliya. Nuwara Eliya is famous for flowers, waterfalls and tea estates. The Haggala flower garden is a famous place in Nuwara Eliya. The Horton Plains and the World's End are also situated in Nuwara Eliya. Thousands of people visit Nuwara Eliya everyday.  

13.             Let's protect our environment
Environment means the natural world around us. Plants , air , water etc. are a part of our environment. Man is also a part of the environment. We cannot live without food, clean air and water. So, must protect our environment. We must protect the water sources, plant more trees and keep our environment clean. A clean environment helps us live long. 

14.                     The person I like most
The person I like most is my grandfather. He is my maternal grandfather. He is a retired teacher. My grandfather is tall and thin. He wears specs only when he reads. He is a voracious reader. He tells me beautiful stories. He helps me learn Sinhala. He can sing, too. He observes sil every Poya day. I like him because he is a very kind to everyone.

15.                      My favourite book
I have read many books. Among them my favourite book is Madol Doowa. It was written by Martin Wickramasinghe. It is a children's novel. It has two main characters. They are Upali and Jinna. The story is about these two boys. They run away from home. Later, they return home. It is a very simple story. I never feel boring to read it. I like this book because it takes me to a strange world.

16.                   A pencil speaks
 My name is pencil. I am long and thin. I was born in China. But now I live in Sri Lanka. I am yellow in colour. I am wearing a cap. I help a small child. I help him write and draw. Sometimes, he puts me in his mouth. I hate it very much. 


👉TO BE CONTINUED...... 
Sajendra Kumara





No comments:

Post a Comment