Tuesday, May 12, 2020

ENGLISH ESSAYS FOR GRADE 6

For the benefit of all the teachers and students.

 
                                           Call Sajendra for activity books:0777597875
1)                                                  
                               My best friend.
My best friend is Sumith. He is 11 years old. He lives at Veyangoda. He is short and fat. He has short wavy hair. He is a very helpful child. Sumith is a very pleasant child. He is good at English. He can speak in English. Sumith reads books in his free time. He has a pet dog, too. He is kind to animals. Sumith comes our home on holidays. I like Sumith because he is a honest friend. 

2) 
                             The person I like most (1)
The person I like most is my grandmother. Her name is Mrs.Kusumawathie. She is about 75 years old. She is my maternal grandmother. My mother is her youngest daughter. She is tall and thin. She has grey hair. She wears glasses when she reads books. She helps my mother in the kitchen. She cleans our garden every day. She is a good story teller. I love her stories. I like her most because she is very kind and helpful. 

3)                            The person I like most (2)
The person I like most is my class teacher. Her name is Mrs. Damayanthi. She is in her 40s. She is fair and beautiful. She teaches us English. She comes to school early in the morning. She helps us learn English. She tells us beautiful stories. She can sing,too. She never punishes children. She always advises us. I like my class teacher very much because she is like a mother to all the children. 
4)                               My favourite neighbour  
My favourite neighbour is Mr. Sirisoma. He is a retired teacher. He is about 65 years old. He wears glasses. He is my grandfather's best friend. He often comes our home to talk with my grandfather. He sometimes brings me sweets. He observes sil every Poya day. He likes gardening. He is not a lazy man. He is very active. I like him because because he is a true gentleman. 
5)                                    My hobby (1)
My hobby is reading books. I like reading English story books very much. I read books in my free time. My father buys me books. I sometimes go the library with my sister and read books. Reading is a useful hobby. It helps me see the world. Reading takes me to a strange world. I have a collection of story books at home. Reading makes me a 'full man'. 

6)                                   My hobby (2)
My hobby is gardening. It is an interesting hobby. I have a beautiful garden. I work in my garden in my free time. I sweep the garden, water the plants, mow the garden etc. It helps me lead a healthy life. Gardening is a good exercise, too. I feel happy to see my garden. My parents also help my hobby. I always work hard to keep my garden beautiful. I enjoy gardening very much.

7)                                The Vesak Festival
The Vesak is a religious festival. It falls in the month of May.  It is a full moon poya day. Buddhist all over the world celebrate the Vesak. They celebrate three important events in Buddha's life. They are The Birth , The Enlightenment and The Passing Away.  Buddhist observe sil and engage in other religious activities on this day. Houses and streets are decorated for vesak. It is a colourful festival.  

8)                                       My pet (1)
My pet is a dog. Its name is Rover. It is about 3 years old. It is a Pomeranian dog. It is black and white. Rover has a bushy tail. It has a very short snout. It can bark very loud. It like to drink milk and eat rice and curry. Rover plays with me in the garden. It has a ball. It likes to play with it. I bath Rover every other day. I brush it everyday. I like Rover very much.

9)                                     My pet (2)
My pet is a cat. Its name is Snowy. Snowy is about 2 years old. My aunt gave me it on my birthday. It is white in colour. It likes to eat fish bones very much. It plays with me in the garden. It likes to sleep on my bed. Snowy is a clever hunter. It hunts small animals in my garden. It  can climb up trees, too. Snowy is a lovely cat.

10)                          My favourite animal (1)
My favourite animal is the elephant. It is the biggest land animal. It lives in the forests. There are two kinds of elephants: the Asian and the African variety. The elephant is black in colour. It has a long nose. We call it the 'trunk'. It has large ears, too. It uses the ears to keep its head cool. The elephant is an intelligent animal. Tamed elephants are used to carry heavy things. I like the elephant because it is a majestic animal.

11)                         My favourite animal (2)
My favourite animal is the dog. It is called 'man's best friend'. The dog belongs to the family of the wolf. There are many different kinds of dogs. There are dogs in the forests ,too. They are called 'wild dogs.' Dogs are used for hunting, catching thieves, tracing drugs and explosives etc. The dog guards our houses. It is a very faithful animal to man. I like dogs because it is a lovely animal. 

12)                           My school  
           

                                      to be continued....
                  

No comments:

Post a Comment